It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

Help please! 
Novice Member

Post Help please!
I recently purchased am Icom ID51 and DV mega. After some head scratching and trawling of the 'net I managed to get things running using the G4KLX software. Now I can link to various reflectors using the ID51 but I cannot link to DCS005B where I believe most of the UK traffic is. I can link to ref 001 and have had a few qsos there and have used the echotest function and all seems to be well.
Attempting to link to 005 I get the messing "linking to" but looking at the gateway program I get a "failed to connect" message. Any ideas?

Kevin

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:31 am
Profile Send private message

Help please! 
Contributor 2018

Post Re: Help please!
just thinking are you on about dcs5 or ref5, because ref5 has been off for a while, or dcs5 might of been of for a couple of hours
I had to ask that because some people get mixed up with the 2 of them
Make sure dcs and ccs are enabled in the ircddb gateway config via vnc veiwer, to do this
Open vnc veiwer and put the pi,s ip adress etc till you get to the pi desktop, close repeater and ircddb gateway
Click on wds widget then configure gateway and wait for it to open, then scroll along on the top till you get to dcs and ccs box
Make sure dcs and ccs are enabled and server should be CCS004
Then click on file > save then it will say program wont take effect till it is restarted then click ok, then close ircddb gateway config
In the wds widget click modem 1 options > start then gateway options > start gateway then exit wds widget
Give it a minute to get going then exit vnc veiwer, should be able to connect to dcs5 then
Paddy

Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Help please! 
Novice Member

Paddy

Thanks for the reply. I am using a PC with the DVMaga not a Pi by the way. I did not know the differrence between dcs and ref. Sorry to sound stupid but have been playing with dstar for about a week now and finding it comfusing. I have managed to link to DCS005 after reading your post. The default reflectors programmed into the Icom ID51 all start with REF so that is what has thrown me. I think I need to do a lot more research. In the meantime I will try and program a few DCS reflectors into the iD51 (another mammoth task for me!) and see how I get on.
Thanks again for the help.

Kevin

Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Help please! 
Contributor 2018

Dont worry about it, i had a feeling you tried ref5a and got no joy, Dstar is a steep learning curve but it gets easier (im still learning)
You can configure the G4klx software on windows like on a raspberry pi, but unless your sure of what your doing i would leave alone
If all is working right then enjoy
Paddy

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Help please! 
Novice Member

gw0kig wrote:
Paddy

Thanks for the reply. I am using a PC with the DVMaga not a Pi by the way. I did not know the differrence between dcs and ref. Sorry to sound stupid but have been playing with dstar for about a week now and finding it comfusing. I have managed to link to DCS005 after reading your post. The default reflectors programmed into the Icom ID51 all start with REF so that is what has thrown me. I think I need to do a lot more research. In the meantime I will try and program a few DCS reflectors into the iD51 (another mammoth task for me!) and see how I get on.
Thanks again for the help.

Kevin

Connecting to REF's makes an outgoing connection only - so they tend to "just work".

DCS and XRF connections require some in-comming connections too, you can fudge this by messing with the host files on the Pi, using a PC you probably need to modify your firewall for forward some ports back to your computer.

For everything to work you need to forward this lot:

UDP/20001
UDP/30001
UDP/30051
UDP/30061-30064
UDP/40000

See here: http://www.k6jm.com/portforwarding.htm

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:13 pm
Profile Send private message WWW