It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:04 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 4 meter contest! :) 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 19321
Location: Shropshire UK IO82TN
Feedback: 5 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post 4 meter contest! :)
There is currently a 4 meter contest on, no I had no idea either, I suppose I should be trawling all those "other sites" that occasionally get mentioned! :)
Well there is one on currently, if you want to dip your wick, and were previously unaware! ;)

_________________
Dave G0BHD.
Been there and got the T shirt, sadly like the T shirt the memory of it has long since faded, gone rather tatty, and finally been consigned to the bin!


Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:45 pm
Profile Send private message

 4 meter contest! :) 
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 14792
Location: IO83lb, Wrexham
Feedback: 16 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
G0BHD wrote:
There is currently a 4 meter contest on, no I had no idea either, I suppose I should be trawling all those "other sites" that occasionally get mentioned! :)
Well there is one on currently, if you want to dip your wick, and were previously unaware! ;)

Practical Wireless contest, so not on RSGB contest site but was on the list in Radcom, the 4M Forum, and social media sites.

I'd have thought all those who claim PW is better reading than Radcom would have known. :lol:

Conditions were rubbish, to be honest, and the weather/weather forecast put many off going out portable.
The highest score I heard was in the upper 60s.

Cheers

Tony

_________________
50MHz and above from IO83lb


Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:50 pm
Profile Send private message

 4 meter contest! :) 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm
Posts: 5001
Location: PRESTON, LANCASHIRE, SD52, IO83QR
Feedback: 58 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=105916

_________________
73,
Mark.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

-------------------------------------------
RAOTA, RSGB, WAB.


Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:22 am
Profile Send private message WWW

 4 meter contest! :) 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 19321
Location: Shropshire UK IO82TN
Feedback: 5 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
G1PIE wrote:
https://www.hamradiodeals.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=105916

I apologise profusely for missing it! :D
But you post so much stuff on "what's happening" DC to light!, sometimes I switch off! ;)
The recent list of every possible variant of "Whatevers..... On The Air", would take a couple of Amateur radio lifetimes to work through! :D
I am kind of betting I wasn't the only one who just stumbled across it, as it was happening! :)

_________________
Dave G0BHD.
Been there and got the T shirt, sadly like the T shirt the memory of it has long since faded, gone rather tatty, and finally been consigned to the bin!


Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:37 pm
Profile Send private message

 4 meter contest! :) 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm
Posts: 5001
Location: PRESTON, LANCASHIRE, SD52, IO83QR
Feedback: 58 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
G0BHD wrote:
G1PIE wrote:
https://www.hamradiodeals.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=105916

I apologise profusely for missing it! :D
But you post so much stuff on "what's happening" DC to light!, sometimes I switch off! ;)
The recent list of every possible variant of "Whatevers..... On The Air", would take a couple of Amateur radio lifetimes to work through! :D
I am kind of betting I wasn't the only one who just stumbled across it, as it was happening! :)



ok David,
I understand, the on the air and activation days is just what is happening...

_________________
73,
Mark.
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

-------------------------------------------
RAOTA, RSGB, WAB.


Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:52 am
Profile Send private message WWW

 4 meter contest! :) 
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 14792
Location: IO83lb, Wrexham
Feedback: 16 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
You can lead a horse to water. :lol:

Cheers

Tony

_________________
50MHz and above from IO83lb


Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Profile Send private message

 4 meter contest! :) 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 19321
Location: Shropshire UK IO82TN
Feedback: 5 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
gw8asd wrote:
You can lead a horse to water. :lol:

Cheers

Tony

You can also lead a donkey to the foot of the Alps, getting it to cross them is another thing! :rolleyes:
It didn't matter anyway did it in the long run?.....even you, the stalwart of all things VHF and up, apart from posting events in this section, (which you used to do, and I always read as I knew they would be pertinent), reckoned it was a bit of a damp squib apparently! :)
By the way I have never said PW is a "better read than Radcom", I don't read either anymore! ;)

_________________
Dave G0BHD.
Been there and got the T shirt, sadly like the T shirt the memory of it has long since faded, gone rather tatty, and finally been consigned to the bin!


Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:27 pm
Profile Send private message

 4 meter contest! :) 
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 14792
Location: IO83lb, Wrexham
Feedback: 16 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
G0BHD wrote:
gw8asd wrote:
You can lead a horse to water. :lol:

Cheers

Tony

You can also lead a donkey to the foot of the Alps, getting it to cross them is another thing! :rolleyes:
It didn't matter anyway did it in the long run?.....even you, the stalwart of all things VHF and up, apart from posting events in this section, (which you used to do, and I always read as I knew they would be pertinent), reckoned it was a bit of a damp squib apparently! :)
By the way I have never said PW is a "better read than Radcom", I don't read either anymore! ;)

I stopped posting contest info as I though the message had got through as to where everything was, and the fact you can get email reminders.
Possibly, I was mistaken.

Only a damp squib, in retrospect. It could, and often is, a different story.
The two 4M contests, during the previous week, were a different story.
Also, people in different parts of the country had a different experience.

I didn’t say you read PW.

Cheers

Tony

_________________
50MHz and above from IO83lb


Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 pm
Profile Send private message

 4 meter contest! :) 

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Hereford IO82PA
Feedback: 3 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: 4 meter contest! :)
Weather for 70MHz PW was ok in the Black Mountains.
I was out portable, 800m ASL operating as GW1YBB/P.
More QSOs than last year, which I should hope to have as didn't have 360° coverage last year. Even had an FM QSO this year, I was his first ever contest QSO. Cool.

_________________
Steve http://g1ybb.uk/


Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:00 pm
Profile Send private message WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.