It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hb9cv 
Advanced Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 363
Location: tamworth staffordshire
Feedback: 10 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Hb9cv
Hi all
Is it possible to mount two hb9cv on same boom one on the top and other on the bottom ??
Anyone had ago at this ??


Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:52 pm
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Contributor 2018
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:32 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Feedback: 19 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
Do you mean to stack them and feed them both from.one rig via a phasing harness or two quite different bands?

Either way, yes you can.

_________________
David. G4YVM


Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:59 pm
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Advanced Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 363
Location: tamworth staffordshire
Feedback: 10 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
G4YVM wrote:
Do you mean to stack them and feed them both from.one rig via a phasing harness or two quite different bands?

Either way, yes you can.


Mont both sets of elements on one boom two feeds limited on space on a portable mast


Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:08 am
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Contributor 2018
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:32 pm
Posts: 4386
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Feedback: 19 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
Both sets of element in one boom? I'm not with you. Will they be in the same.plane?? Pointing the same way or opposite directions? Are they for different bands?

_________________
David. G4YVM


Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 am
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Contributor 2018
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 4425
Location: IO95DA Newcastle Upon Tyne
Feedback: 19 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
g7igc wrote:
Hi all
Is it possible to mount two hb9cv on same boom one on the top and other on the bottom ??
Anyone had ago at this ??

Download MMANA-GAL and model it, see what the radiation patterns look like and what the gain figures are - I have never heard of such a design.
To be honest, you would be better off making a multi-band MOXON, you can nest MOXON elements inside each other.


Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:29 am
Profile Send private message WWW

 Hb9cv 
Advanced Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 363
Location: tamworth staffordshire
Feedback: 10 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
M0XXQ wrote:
g7igc wrote:
Hi all
Is it possible to mount two hb9cv on same boom one on the top and other on the bottom ??
Anyone had ago at this ??

Download MMANA-GAL and model it, see what the radiation patterns look like and what the gain figures are - I have never heard of such a design.
To be honest, you would be better off making a multi-band MOXON, you can nest MOXON elements inside each other.

Tried a moxon can’t get it to tune on 4 and 6 I have hb9 cv for both bands and was wondering how they would work
Done it with 6 2 70 all in a line and it worked


Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:19 pm
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 14697
Location: IO83lb, Wrexham
Feedback: 16 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
g7igc wrote:
M0XXQ wrote:
g7igc wrote:
Hi all
Is it possible to mount two hb9cv on same boom one on the top and other on the bottom ??
Anyone had ago at this ??

Download MMANA-GAL and model it, see what the radiation patterns look like and what the gain figures are - I have never heard of such a design.
To be honest, you would be better off making a multi-band MOXON, you can nest MOXON elements inside each other.

Tried a moxon can’t get it to tune on 4 and 6 I have hb9 cv for both bands and was wondering how they would work
Done it with 6 2 70 all in a line and it worked

Dual band Moxon shouldn't be an issue.

When you say "Done it with 6 2 70 all in a line and it worked" how did you measure/calculate its effectiveness.
Just presenting a good SWR doesn't mean it had gain, or directionality.

Cheers

Tony

_________________
50MHz and above from IO83lb


Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:39 pm
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Advanced Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 363
Location: tamworth staffordshire
Feedback: 10 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
gw8asd wrote:
g7igc wrote:
M0XXQ wrote:
g7igc wrote:
Hi all
Is it possible to mount two hb9cv on same boom one on the top and other on the bottom ??
Anyone had ago at this ??

Download MMANA-GAL and model it, see what the radiation patterns look like and what the gain figures are - I have never heard of such a design.
To be honest, you would be better off making a multi-band MOXON, you can nest MOXON elements inside each other.

Tried a moxon can’t get it to tune on 4 and 6 I have hb9 cv for both bands and was wondering how they would work
Done it with 6 2 70 all in a line and it worked

Dual band Moxon shouldn't be an issue.

When you say "Done it with 6 2 70 all in a line and it worked" how did you measure/calculate its effectiveness.
Just presenting a good SWR doesn't mean it had gain, or directionality.

Cheers

Tony


Dual band mixing for 4 & 6 gave up after 4 hours 50 perfect 4 would not swr at all tried long short and even twisting ends over with no joy
Put them sperate swr fine on both 4 mtrs won't go below 10


Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:14 pm
Profile Send private message

 Hb9cv 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:09 pm
Posts: 10132
Location: West Midlands
Feedback: 98 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Hb9cv
You can get good results with a dual band 6m 4m short Yagi, 4 elements on each band with a boom only 2m long.
Single coax feed for both bands.

Just finished designing one this afternoon.


Attachment:
6mplots.jpg
6mplots.jpg [ 44.23 KiB | Viewed 690 times ]


Attachment:
4mplots.jpg
4mplots.jpg [ 42.46 KiB | Viewed 690 times ]

_________________
===================
Gee Three Eee Jay Ess - RSGB, SARL, G-QRP, EPC
===================


Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:31 pm
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: G0OPI, mickymcd and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.