It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

Having a conflict of choice as in the 7300 or 5000? 
Contributor 2017

Post Re: Having a conflict of choice as in the 7300 or 5000?
I would agree with you Mike G3YSG, the 7300 is perfect for the switch on and go approach or the set it once and forget style, in fact I would love another for SWL but alas a little too expensive for that purpose.
I opted to go back to a Flex 5000 and I am very happy I made that decision as it suits my PC nerd mentality to the ground.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:38 pm
Profile Send private message

Advanced Member

G3YSG wrote:
I have a Flex, but wanted something all in one box - as the Flex tied up my computer.
So, I got an IC-7300 for less than the price of a Maestro Console for the Flex!!!!
Very impressed. Plus, I can also get software to use from computer (with a bigger screen area) and for remote operations.
Not quite as al singing and dancing as the Flex, but much easier/quicker to use for most of my day to day operations.
Mike G3YSG

Mike, Does the 7300 connect directly to a PC, or does it need a costly interface? I'm seriously thinking of getting a 7300, but the small screen is putting me off somewhat.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:30 am

Contributor 2017

gm0gtu wrote:
G3YSG wrote:
I have a Flex, but wanted something all in one box - as the Flex tied up my computer.
So, I got an IC-7300 for less than the price of a Maestro Console for the Flex!!!!
Very impressed. Plus, I can also get software to use from computer (with a bigger screen area) and for remote operations.
Not quite as al singing and dancing as the Flex, but much easier/quicker to use for most of my day to day operations.
Mike G3YSG

Mike, Does the 7300 connect directly to a PC, or does it need a costly interface? I'm seriously thinking of getting a 7300, but the small screen is putting me off somewhat.

I might not be Mike but I can answer your question and confirm that the 7300 does not require any interface as it is connected to the PC via a USB cable and has built in sound card so you get the best of all in one package, control, logging and digital modes.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:19 pm