It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

HDMI radiated interference 
Contributor 2019

Post HDMI radiated interference
Has anyone else noticed this from HDMI ports? The reason I ask is that I get some strong noise on 14037KHz from the HDMI from our Sky plus box and TV. I have tried the usual, ferrite cores, different cables in case the screen is different, but none have got rid of it including some very expensive cables. I do get the same on the shack desktop computer on 40m, but to a much lesser degree.

I was wondering if using an Optical HDMI cable might improve the situation? But they are horrendously expensive and of course I'll be stumped if the interference is being directly radiated from the video board in the Sky box, although I can open it, which I have done before to replace the HDD, it's a bit of a faff because it isn't screwed together, it uses those nasty little tabs you've got to twist to undo the screen box, do that too many times and the tab breaks off :blush:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:38 pm
Profile Send private message

Top Poster

Post Re: HDMI radiated interference
My solution is simple, I dont have any such stuff here, just a "freeview telly" I can turn off any time the need takes me!
The more RF based stuff you install, the more in coming years you will be bashing your head up the wall for an often elusive amateur radio noise "cure", none of which should occur if the damn stuff was suitably filtered, and as such should not even be necessary!
But that's modern tech "progress"! :)
The plumber who installed my last heating system fitted wireless stats, noise and sprogs everywhere, I ripped em out and instead went back to old school tried and tested hard wired types, no more RF bourn rubbish! ;)

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:03 pm

BANNED

G0BHD wrote:
My solution is simple, I dont have any such stuff here, just a "freeview telly" I can turn off any time the need takes me!
The more RF based stuff you install, the more in coming years you will be bashing your head up the wall for an often elusive amateur radio noise "cure", none of which should occur if the damn stuff was suitably filtered, and as such should not even be necessary!
But that's modern tech "progress"! :)
The plumber who installed my last heating system fitted wireless stats, noise and sprogs everywhere, I ripped em out and instead went back to old school tried and tested hard wired types, no more RF bourn rubbish! ;)

Same here he said wireless I laughed get me a hands on.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Contributor 2019

Silly me for asking :rolleyes:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:39 pm

BANNED

Ditch sky it's pants anyway infact all TV is pants and you will save money..... :D job done

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:51 pm