It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:45 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

Looking for help with an EMC problem? 
Contributor 2019

Post Re: Looking for help with an EMC problem?
We all know Ofcom are the ones that can "deal with it" I was told to contact the RSGB EMC committee with my concern and Ofcom would provide details and information if required so in other words they passed the buck!

Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:42 pm
Profile Send private message

BANNED

2E0JGR wrote:
We all know Ofcom are the ones that can "deal with it" I was told to contact the RSGB EMC committee with my concern and Ofcom would provide details and information if required so in other words they passed the buck!

It's all smoke and mirrors John.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Contributor 2019

2E0JGR wrote:

I wish the RSGB had the unlimited EMC resources everyone thinks they have (including Ofcom) but they don't. It totally depends on unpaid volunteers and is more of a self help advise service. There is no one local on the ground round here.

Views posted on here are purely personal.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm
Profile Send private message WWW

BANNED

GM0ONX wrote:
2E0JGR wrote:

I wish the RSGB had the unlimited EMC resources everyone thinks they have (including Ofcom) but they don't. It totally depends on unpaid volunteers and is more of a self help advise service. There is no one local on the ground round here.

If Ofcom who can act on noise and enforce Len don't then volunteers mean nothing they don't enforce Ofcom do.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:05 pm

M0VMT wrote:
GM0ONX wrote:
2E0JGR wrote:

If Ofcom who can act on noise and enforce Len don't then volunteers mean nothing they don't enforce Ofcom do.

The volunteers are an assistance to self help.
They were never intended to take any form of responsibility, just a bit of guidance, a source of ideas.

Cheers

Tony

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:07 am

BANNED

Nothing wrong with guidance Tony for those that know little of combating noise.
Sadly many operators have been pushed off air not because of guidance but because ofcom have failed their obligations fact.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:44 am

Contributor 2020

Was getting wiped out with noise and Ofcom came out to the house because I have a business licence which I paid as well. The guys came out, tested my station and were satisfied with that. had a listen around the village and no longer source could be detected, so that was the end of the investigation.

They told me a story that they had just finished investigating which took quite considerable time and it was affecting communication in a republic of Ireland airport. Turns out it was a piece of wire in a birds nest which was located on overhead power cables in Inverness, the wire would blow about arcing of the electrical wire causing it to radiate wideband radiation (suppose just like a spark gap). With thing slike that I think, well done lads...but yees done yee-haw for my electrical noise.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:13 pm
Profile Send private message WWW