It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 am

Fusion 

Post Fusion
Can someone give me the step by step instructions on how to make a Fusion contact.
I have FTM100 and the HRI200 Wires-X box and I can apparently connect to my BlueDV box,
Running the Wires-x software on my PC and I get the page of connected stations on the screen.
What do I do now ? , Do I select a station and call ? How?
Cliff

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 am
Profile Send private message

Fusion 
Advanced Member

Post Re: Fusion
Hi Cliff

If you have the FTM100 physically connected to the HRI-200 then the radio is acting as the link radio.
You will need a second Fusion radio to talk through, the link radio can not be used

Paul.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Fusion 

Hi Paul, thanks for that info and sorry it took so long to get back to you.
At the moment I am still trying to get a basic connection.
With FTM-100 and HRI-200 connected and the PC running Wires-x I have the screen showing Users and Rooms.
If I select UK-NET-HUB and then click Connect(C) at the top of the screen, I get a confirmation of my selection:-

MB6NE-GW MB6IEI-GW GB2LE-RPT G3NDC-ND

Press the GM button on the FT-100 to select DN modulation, set frequency to 435575 (the frequency of my hot spot) and call CQ (with a separate radio) several times,,,, Nothing

Tried typing G3NDC CQ CQ and send in the right hand panel,,,,, Nothing

Meanwhile the other PC, connected to the Blue DV Hot Spot and running Blue DV for Windows shows Fusion calls coming in although I hear nothing. It does not show my outgoing call,
I cannot access a Fusion Repeater from this location so must rely on a local hotspot.

If you can see what I am doing wrong your advice would be appreciated

Alternatively can someone tell me their set up and I could work from there.
73 de Cliff

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Fusion 
Advanced Member

GD3NDC wrote:
Hi Paul, thanks for that info and sorry it took so long to get back to you.
At the moment I am still trying to get a basic connection.
With FTM-100 and HRI-200 connected and the PC running Wires-x I have the screen showing Users and Rooms.
If I select UK-NET-HUB and then click Connect(C) at the top of the screen, I get a confirmation of my selection:-

MB6NE-GW MB6IEI-GW GB2LE-RPT G3NDC-ND

Press the GM button on the FT-100 to select DN modulation, set frequency to 435575 (the frequency of my hot spot) and call CQ (with a separate radio) several times,,,, Nothing

Tried typing G3NDC CQ CQ and send in the right hand panel,,,,, Nothing

Meanwhile the other PC, connected to the Blue DV Hot Spot and running Blue DV for Windows shows Fusion calls coming in although I hear nothing. It does not show my outgoing call,
I cannot access a Fusion Repeater from this location so must rely on a local hotspot.

If you can see what I am doing wrong your advice would be appreciated

Alternatively can someone tell me their set up and I could work from there.

73 de Cliff

Hi Cliff I use a Yaesu ft70d with a DVMEGA Bluestack and bluedv if you are using a DVMEGA this should work radio set to simplex so the frequency set for simplex in the bluedv software

73 Gary

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:52 am

Fusion 
Advanced Member

Hi Cliff

The DV Mega/Blue DV combo is one system. As Gary has said you should be able to use your FTM100 with Blue DV. You can disconnect the HRI 200 from the radio and put it away for now. Set the frequency of your hotspot to match your radio. Connect the Blue DV software to a reflector, FC02 ref 90 is a good start, this is America link and has quite a lot of activity. Alternatively ref91 CQ UK which also lots of activity. When you have successfully connected the Blue DV to your chosen reflector you will see any activity on the computer screen, as you see the call signs on screen you should hear the activity on your radio. When you TX on the radio the panel on the software will turn red.

Wires X and the HRI 200 is a completely separate system and has no interaction with the DV Mega/Blue DV combo. As previously mentioned you will need a 2nd radio to operate this system so for now I suggest putting it to one side and concentrate on the DV Mega.

The following pages show you what reflectors are in use

http://fcs001.xreflector.net/
http://fcs002.xreflector.net/
http://laboenligne.ca/fcs003/

Paul

Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 am