It is currently Fri May 20, 2022 11:42 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

DSTAR Programming 
Advanced Member

Post DSTAR Programming
I have updated the Icom CS software for my ID-51E+ to the latest (I hope) UK repeater list. I don't have the Icom programming cable.
I can't for the life of me suss-out how to transfer the data to the SD card. I spent hours yesterday watching Youtube videos, and searching for instructions on-line to no avail. I can't find a function to load to an SD card in the CS software. The help file mentions an SD card radio button, but there isn't one.
It's been several years since I updated the memories, and I can'y remember how I did it previously.

Help.

Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:14 am
Profile Send private message

DSTAR Programming 
Contributor 2021

Post Re: DSTAR Programming
gm0gtu wrote:
I have updated the Icom CS software for my ID-51E+ to the latest (I hope) UK repeater list. I don't have the Icom programming cable.
I can't for the life of me suss-out how to transfer the data to the SD card. I spent hours yesterday watching Youtube videos, and searching for instructions on-line to no avail. I can't find a function to load to an SD card in the CS software. The help file mentions an SD card radio button, but there isn't one.
It's been several years since I updated the memories, and I can'y remember how I did it previously.

Help.

Hi sorry cannot help with the SD Card route although I have heard a lot of people having problems, but I use a lead that
I made up for not too much money

Yaesu FT2D
TYT380
Ascom 550SE
Pi-Star
AllstarMicroHub
Steve G6YRK :wave:

Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:28 am

DSTAR Programming 
Advanced Member

I managed to borrow a cable, so now sorted.
Still concerned that I can't edit the Repeater List via the SD card, despite the destruction manual stating one can?

Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:31 pm

DSTAR Programming 
Contributor 2021

Hello you can edit the repeater list but not while to card is in you also need the program for the radio you are using,
which radio is it for ?.

Regards Frank G4YLJ.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:28 pm

DSTAR Programming 
Advanced Member

G4YLJ wrote:
Hello you can edit the repeater list but not while to card is in you also need the program for the radio you are using,
which radio is it for ?.

Regards Frank G4YLJ.

Hi Frank,
It's an ID51E+
I have the CS software from Icom & I can load the latest Repeater List in to the CS & edit it at will. I can also export to the radio via the borrowed cable. What I can't seem to do is transfer the Repeater list to the radio via the SD card.
Anyway, I have updated via athe borrowed cable, so problem solved for now. I will buy or make a cloning cable for the next time I need to update.

Cheers

Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:52 pm

DSTAR Programming 
Intermediate Member

1. Both the ID51 & 52 can be programmed by using the free Icom software.
2. If the contents of your radio is not loaded onto your SD card - Menu, scroll down to SD card 'SD card', SAVE setting (give it a name)
3. If your SD card is loaded you can edit, amend, delete etc by removing it and loading the SD cards data into the Icom free software, Then save it to your computer.
4. If you make any changes to the card whilst it is out of you radio you may wish to give it a new name.
5. On returning the card to the radio you can put the amended file back into the radio by going to the SD card (item 3 above) chose LOAD and your radio will be loaded with the amended file. A programming lead is not required.

If this is unclear I will be pleased to answer any questions that you may have.

Graham
G4HFG/W4HFG/GD7DL, The Skegness DStar Repeater.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 pm

DSTAR Programming 
Contributor 2021

G4HFG wrote:
1. Both the ID51 & 52 can be programmed by using the free Icom software.
2. If the contents of your radio is not loaded onto your SD card - Menu, scroll down to SD card 'SD card', SAVE setting (give it a name)
3. If your SD card is loaded you can edit, amend, delete etc by removing it and loading the SD cards data into the Icom free software, Then save it to your computer.
4. If you make any changes to the card whilst it is out of you radio you may wish to give it a new name.
5. On returning the card to the radio you can put the amended file back into the radio by going to the SD card (item 3 above) chose LOAD and your radio will be loaded with the amended file. A programming lead is not required.

If this is unclear I will be pleased to answer any questions that you may have.

Graham
G4HFG/W4HFG/GD7DL, The Skegness DStar Repeater.

I have only just got in from work sorry, but as above I could not have explained it any better.

De Frank G4YLJ

Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:13 pm