It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:39 pm

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 9278
Location: Doncaster
Feedback: 33 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
For the love of God what the frig is wrong with windows 10 and it's compatibility with programming fusion radios these days, I've had to resort to buying RT systems software again on a ftm100 and early on in the year a ft2d.
I had no issues in the past with windows 8 but 10 nothing but a pain in the arse.

_________________
Mark M0VMT
RSARS
I Feel the need for speed.


Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 pm
Profile Send private message

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Contributor 2018
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:30 pm
Posts: 911
Location: Manchester
Feedback: 14 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
I have to keep an old laptop running 7 as a 'backup' as some older comms software we have to run to service older kit just wont run, either at all, or not properly. Prime example 2 days ago, forgot the old 7 so tried to run comms prog on Win 10 laptop, drivers wont load and it thinks the comms lead is a mouse and goes nuts...
It's comms programs that seem to be the big issue, which is most unfortunate for us hams.

_________________
G4WLI (G8IKW) Peter
Education officer, West Manchester radio Club http://www.wmrc.co.uk/


Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:13 pm
Profile Send private message WWW

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 9278
Location: Doncaster
Feedback: 33 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
Peter.....I had to press an old XP laptop into service to do firmware dsp and panel up date yesterday :rolleyes:
I had the same years ago with a Kenwood that's why I saved the XP :yahoo:
Windows 10 = poop and headache for us.
It bugs me Yaesu offer free software and I've had to pay for RT system absolute madness but you can only spend so many hours on a simple task before the brains had enough.

_________________
Mark M0VMT
RSARS
I Feel the need for speed.


Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:29 pm
Profile Send private message

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Novice Member

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:50 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Sheffield
Feedback: 0 (0%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
Interesting thread, I use windows 10 to program my ftm100 using Yausu free software Adms9, also updated to the latest firmwear using win 10. Yausu ft991 update the firmware on that on win10 although its a year ago. I also have 3 Icom radio's again program them with Icom's free software.
Regards Malcolm


Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:52 pm
Profile Send private message

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 9278
Location: Doncaster
Feedback: 33 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
MalcolmG4vlz wrote:
Interesting thread, I use windows 10 to program my ftm100 using Yausu free software Adms9, also updated to the latest firmwear using win 10. Yausu ft991 update the firmware on that on win10 although its a year ago. I also have 3 Icom radio's again program them with Icom's free software.
Regards Malcolm


Aye I did my 991 with win 10 but by Jove this ftm100 here won't have it.

_________________
Mark M0VMT
RSARS
I Feel the need for speed.


Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm
Profile Send private message

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 9278
Location: Doncaster
Feedback: 33 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
Are you using the hri and pdn function with the cable for wires X Malcolm?

_________________
Mark M0VMT
RSARS
I Feel the need for speed.


Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 pm
Profile Send private message

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Novice Member

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:50 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Sheffield
Feedback: 0 (0%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
M0VMT wrote:
Are you using the hri and pdn function with the cable for wires X Malcolm?

Hi,
no I use a Hri200 box with a digital enhanced microphone plugged into it and wires x software , no radio's at all.
Check out here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hyNpu3QyRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uri3zzbwmo0

I have modded a SCU 20 cable the standard one with the ftm 100 to use that in both modes as an experiment to use with wires x software since the think it was May this year's update but generally don't use the ftm 100, only my modded microphone. In the early days of fusion I used the ftm 100 as a node with hri200 box and the ft991 but found the audio on the 991 to be rubbish and the reply for Yausu was that the 991 was not really for c4fm. so made the microphone above and use that all the time now.
Regards Malcolm


Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:39 pm
Profile Send private message

 God Damn windows 10 fusion radios. 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Posts: 9278
Location: Doncaster
Feedback: 33 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: God Damn windows 10 fusion radios.
MalcolmG4vlz wrote:
M0VMT wrote:
Are you using the hri and pdn function with the cable for wires X Malcolm?

Hi,
no I use a Hri200 box with a digital enhanced microphone plugged into it and wires x software , no radio's at all.
Check out here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hyNpu3QyRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uri3zzbwmo0

I have modded a SCU 20 cable the standard one with the ftm 100 to use that in both modes as an experiment to use with wires x software since the think it was May this year's update but generally don't use the ftm 100, only my modded microphone. In the early days of fusion I used the ftm 100 as a node with hri200 box and the ft991 but found the audio on the 991 to be rubbish and the reply for Yausu was that the 991 was not really for c4fm. so made the microphone above and use that all the time now.
Regards Malcolm

Cheers Malcom I will check it out.

_________________
Mark M0VMT
RSARS
I Feel the need for speed.


Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.