It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:01 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Advanced Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 pm
Posts: 1148
Location: Newton-le-Willows io83ql
Feedback: 13 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
G0UWK wrote:
Amazing how 3w can cause so much qrm!
Action this morning during the practical wireless 2m contest and almost 80khz wide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPfDRuFQ ... e=youtu.be

The QRM can clearly be seen and heard 35khz down from G0WRS/P who is the same signal strength but clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL6n-R_S ... e=youtu.be



Hmm Interesting
So if 3w wasting 80khz is bad
I think i can beat that :D
Would nearly 400khz either side on 28Mhz using 3w be bad too ?
And yes i do have a video of it but not posting it YET :lol: :lol:

_________________
Ian
G7PUN


Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:50 pm
Profile Send private message ICQ

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2018

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Markyate, St Albans, IO91ST
Feedback: 7 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
Blimey! We'll have the CB guys complaining soon :shock:

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:39 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 14743
Location: IO83lb, Wrexham
Feedback: 16 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
G4LNA wrote:
Blimey! We'll have the CB guys complaining soon :shock:

I'm afraid you will have to run that by me again.
What's the CB connection? :scratch:

Cheers

Tony

_________________
50MHz and above from IO83lb


Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:03 am
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2018
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 18546
Location: Shropshire UK IO82TN
Feedback: 5 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
gw8asd wrote:
G4LNA wrote:
Blimey! We'll have the CB guys complaining soon :shock:

I'm afraid you will have to run that by me again.
What's the CB connection? :scratch:

Cheers

Tony

I assume if the station was low enough in "centre" frequency on 10 meters, his 400kHz splatter, either side of his transmission, was falling, on the lower side, within the UK 27/81 FM portion of CB?
I have to say, if it were truely a signal that wide, perhaps he should be marketing it to the authorities, as a "jammer"! :D

_________________
Dave G0BHD.
Been there and got the T shirt, sadly like the T shirt the memory of it has long since faded, gone rather tatty, and finally been consigned to the bin!


Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 am
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 7888
Location: Tintagel / North Cornwall / IO70PP/SX08.
Feedback: 202 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
gw8asd wrote:
I'm not sure where the "Old boys club" comment fits in? :scratch:

Cheers

Tony


If it had been a M6/M3/M0/2E0 would the contest adjudicators reaction have been the same :scratch:

Its as clear as day, nice video, but what, nothing, give him the prize.
What's the point of contesting if the old guard can do as they please :banghead:

John.

_________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

M0HJO is proud to have served his Country.


Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 am
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2018

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: IO80BS Spreyton Devon.
Feedback: 2 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
You probably need to address that to the editor of Practical wireless magazine John...its arranged by them and organised by one bloke as far as I know.

I can say one thing..the contest committee of the RSGB wont have anything at all to say about it, as its nothing to do with them ;)


Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:36 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 2482
Location: Kidsgrove, Stoke-on-Trent IO83VC
Feedback: 9 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
g4rra wrote:
You probably need to address that to the editor of Practical wireless magazine John...its arranged by them and organised by one bloke as far as I know.

I can say one thing..the contest committee of the RSGB wont have anything at all to say about it, as its nothing to do with them ;)


Paul the same crap wide signal carried on into the afternoon and the RSGB awarded ZRE 1st place in the 2nd RSGB backpackers contest on the same day as it coincided with the PW qrp contest on the 9th June 2013.

Rgds
Ian

_________________
Building your own equipment is one of amateur radio's most satisfying elements.


Last edited by G0UWK on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Advanced Member

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 8724
Location: Preston. IO83PQ
Feedback: 295 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
Has anyone actually bothered to contact G8ZRE and show him the video? If it was my signal like that, Id want to know. I certainly wouldnt be entering any contests!

_________________
"Not so fast my friend!" Lee Corso


Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:53 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 2482
Location: Kidsgrove, Stoke-on-Trent IO83VC
Feedback: 9 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
G0UAZ wrote:
Has anyone actually bothered to contact G8ZRE and show him the video? If it was my signal like that, Id want to know. I certainly wouldnt be entering any contests!


He was emailed apparently but never responded.

_________________
Building your own equipment is one of amateur radio's most satisfying elements.


Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Advanced Member

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 8724
Location: Preston. IO83PQ
Feedback: 295 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
G0UWK wrote:
G0UAZ wrote:
Has anyone actually bothered to contact G8ZRE and show him the video? If it was my signal like that, Id want to know. I certainly wouldnt be entering any contests!


He was emailed apparently but never responded.



In which case he needs a knock on his door for a friendly cup of tea and a chat. And to be fair if he was an M6 or a 2E, there would be plenty of here lining up to have a go. There is simply no excuse for having that quality of signal. I reported an LZ station to the ARRL not long ago for the quality of their signal in the ARRL contest a few months ago. The organisers were straight on it, indded the LZ contacted me to apologise!

_________________
"Not so fast my friend!" Lee Corso


Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2018

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: IO80BS Spreyton Devon.
Feedback: 2 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
Well if thats the case Ian,and it sounds as if it is,then Im pretty surprised.

I guess someone posted the video to the committee together with a complaint about the signal, in which case you would expect them to do something about it,they have certainly acted in the past.

I wonder who the adjudicator was in this case?


Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:26 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Moderator

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm
Posts: 14743
Location: IO83lb, Wrexham
Feedback: 16 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
Perhaps it's time we stopped being Mr. nice guys and take people to task.
Possibly posting in the comments section of the claimed results?

The RSGB are, usually very hot on rules.

During one UKAC a European station sent me a message via KST.
Instead of just ignoring it I, unthinkingly posted - Use of KST not permitted - back to him.

I very quickly received an email, from the adjudicators, pointing out the error of my ways.

During the 70MHz Trophy a correction was posted on the cluster, and an email sent to me. :banghead:
I made damned sure I sent a copy, to the adjudicators.

Cheers

Tony

_________________
50MHz and above from IO83lb


Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:29 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 7888
Location: Tintagel / North Cornwall / IO70PP/SX08.
Feedback: 202 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
G0UWK wrote:
g4rra wrote:
You probably need to address that to the editor of Practical wireless magazine John...its arranged by them and organised by one bloke as far as I know.

I can say one thing..the contest committee of the RSGB wont have anything at all to say about it, as its nothing to do with them ;)


Paul the same crap wide signal carried on into the afternoon and the RSGB awarded ZRE 1st place in the 2nd RSGB backpackers contest on the same day as it coincided with the PW qrp contest on the 9th June 2013.

Rgds
Ian


Well its like next weekend there is a 2M 25W contest that we took part in last year as "Cousin Jack's Contest Group" and did pretty well. Now I'm thinking what's the point if someone allowed to splatter across the whole band.

I can confirm he was reported to PW & RSGB with video evidence.

Then the RSGB gave him first prize :banghead: (backpackers)

What is the point...............................

_________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

M0HJO is proud to have served his Country.


Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:31 pm
Profile Send private message

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Advanced Member

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 am
Posts: 2115
Location: Southwest Angus IO86LL
Feedback: 7 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
M0HJO wrote:

Well its like next weekend there is a 2M 25W contest that we took part in last year as "Cousin Jack's Contest Group" and did pretty well. Now I'm thinking what's the point if someone allowed to splatter across the whole band.

I can confirm he was reported to PW & RSGB with video evidence.

Then the RSGB gave him first prize :banghead: (backpackers)

What is the point...............................


And how are you going to hear a distant station + - 5khz of his signal who cant hear or aware he is so wide, perhaps an ESB portion of the band is needed just for him :lol:

_________________
Peter GM1CMF


Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Profile Send private message WWW

 Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest 
Contributor 2019
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:08 pm
Posts: 7888
Location: Tintagel / North Cornwall / IO70PP/SX08.
Feedback: 202 (100%)
Reply with quote
Post Re: Forget the quality feel the W I D T H PW 2m contest
GM1CMF wrote:
M0HJO wrote:

Well its like next weekend there is a 2M 25W contest that we took part in last year as "Cousin Jack's Contest Group" and did pretty well. Now I'm thinking what's the point if someone allowed to splatter across the whole band.

I can confirm he was reported to PW & RSGB with video evidence.

Then the RSGB gave him first prize :banghead: (backpackers)

What is the point...............................


And how are you going to hear a distant station + - 5khz of his signal who cant hear or aware he is so wide, perhaps an ESB portion of the band is needed just for him :lol:


That's it!

He is one of the bloody ESSB boys!! :beg:

_________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

M0HJO is proud to have served his Country.


Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.