It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:50 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

Baby loop issue 
Contributor 2022

Post Baby loop issue
Can anyone help. Mark 1 loop issue.

I used the loop at the weekend with the ic7300, then a chap purchased it so i packed it up and delivered it,

So this nice chap plugs it in and the loop closed from the tuned spot i left it in and that’s it,

No response from the keypad and the loop has been checked that the actuator works fine but the keypad and the controller just dont talk to it ?

I am so embarrassed but the chap has been a saint and will keep testing it over this week, but i have said i will give him a full refund and come and collect the loop.

What a shame it worked a treat on saturday last week but now it has stopped working ??

Thanks in advance

Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B6c6k3 ... 1ghos4qUNA

Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:38 pm
Profile Send private message

Baby loop issue 
Contributor 2022

Post Re: Baby loop issue
Hi Bob, it should be something simple, has he altered the height or position of the antenna, make sure the coax run is 1 piece to eliminate joint issues, if he has any linears or meters inline remove and re check, check radio and antenna connections are correct way around, solder plugs for better connections double check the 2 core for breaks so the actuator is getting power double check he’s using the supplied power supply

Not sure if the mk1 has manual override / test I’ll have a look when I get time to read up,

Craig

Latitude: 53.5789356 Longitude: -1.0028499
Accuracy: Medium - Town
Grid: IO93ln

Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Baby loop issue 
Contributor 2022

Post Re: Baby loop issue
M3CRJ wrote:
Hi Bob, it should be something simple, has he altered the height or position of the antenna, make sure the coax run is 1 piece to eliminate joint issues, if he has any linears or meters inline remove and re check, check radio and antenna connections are correct way around, solder plugs for better connections double check the 2 core for breaks so the actuator is getting power double check he’s using the supplied power supply

Not sure if the mk1 has manual override / test I’ll have a look when I get time to read up,

Craig

Cheers Craig.

Really strange he can move it manually but entering the freq and then hit B it should move the actuator to the spot on the loop. But it does nothing ?

Cheers bud, if this is not working by Monday i will happily refund and collect it and try myself,

Regards

Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B6c6k3 ... 1ghos4qUNA

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:07 pm