It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 am

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

M0CSN 

Post M0CSN
A message for the above admin.

I’m placing a query in relation to your comment in my thread at the link here....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104082

You state “if I had bothered to read the rules......”

Your commentand the curt way it was written infers that somehow I have infringed in some way and that possibly there’s a rule somewhere that would help me find out how to edit my post (I still can’t find how to on an iPhone).

I’ve searched for the rule that I may have broken but cannot see any obvious infringement. The only thing that I think you “may” be referring to is one of flooding a post.
I do feel that if this is the rule you believe I have missed then you are being a little over zealous. I do understand that this rule is an important one and is in place to stop someone bumping their post to the top of a board every hour; I do feel however that adding a phone number to a thread less than 30 minutes of the original post is not an infringement especially when an explanation for doing so is also posted.

A post to add additional information within a short space of time after the original message is there to do purely that, add information - adding to the thread 30 minutes after it was created did not move it any nearer to the top of the page which it was already the top of in the first place.

So far I have found two important rules which I would like to suggest that a sticky post (there isn’t one in the exchange forum) be plac d in each of the trading forums,
I would also like to make a strong suggestion that a clear sticky be placed in the welcome/ introduction forum - this is the first place new people will visit and having the rules clearly visible there would be a good move.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:51 am
Profile Send private message

M0CSN 
Admin

Post Re: M0CSN
I will leave it to John to answer your post but the forum rules link is at the top of every section on this site.

They are also included in the welcome email that every new member receives.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 am
Profile Send private message WWW

M0CSN 
Admin

Post Re: M0CSN
Right nice and quick

We have a rule icon on EVERY section
The rules are sent with EVERY new account.

If you had bothered to read them you would know theres a 15 minute window to edit your post...YOU CLEARLY DIDNT.

We advise people to think before posting any ad to include any information they think might help the buyers...EG CONTACT DETAILS !

Curt ?? You have no idea, after 100s of times a week dealing with the same issues ...you get the basics end of.

I would like to suggest you just Read the rules.

NEXT.

RAE & 12 WPM and Proud

If you like the site tell others about us
If you dont like it ,tell us why so we can fix it

Remember you saw it on Hamradiodeals !

Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:26 am
Profile Send private message WWW