It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:07 pm

Bubbling sounds..HF 
Advanced Member

Post Re: Bubbling sounds..HF
Gonig, yes you are spot on..theres apathy coupled with frustration but I can understand it as its easy to switch the radio off and sit and hope something happens for the better ..left to others to get a sweat on and get up off their arses .

All we need is a leader ! Ill drop Nigel Farage a line ! Wheres Tony Benn when you need him ! 73.

Really dissapointed at the chosen few in the South trying to get a tech free no exam licence through and make an Amateur radio licence not worth having ..no prestige with it or no study to obtain one. That would have killed Amateur radio off alltogether as not worth having , nothing to aspire to.

Are they bloody %$#×€&£££×**g mad !

Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:36 pm
Profile Send private message

Bubbling sounds..HF 
Contributor 2023

RINTINTIN wrote:
....Dave, Iv got one of santas little helpers living next door to me ..her sitting room is very festive all year round even in summer ..

His missus has about 4 sets of faiery lights on day and night and the wallwarts cause me some constenation ..one does not know where to start nowadays when it comes to sorting interference out and tracking it down ..its rife.. etc. etc.

Aye they do exist these days, I have a couple, retired, live next door, at one time it was just Christmas they went overboard with fairy lights and festive illuminations everywhere.
These days it 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year! :rolleyes:
There is a well known country song in country fans circles that sums them up a treat by Gretchen Wilson, called "Redneck Woman", just change that to "Redneck Couple" and it really applies to them a treat! :)
It contains these very pertinent lines at one point......
Quote:
And I keep my Christmas lights on....
On my front porch all year long.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObGeQO6Cj0
Only in their case its not just the front porch, its the entire bloody back garden as well, that at night looks like the damn Blackpool Illuminations! :rolleyes:
Unfortunately that's how their one time of the year Christmas decorative lights extravaganza, which "eh ho" was only the festive season, reasonably short and just once a year, has now morphed into just lately!
The real piss take, they run on timers/dusk to dawn sensors 24/7 and 52 weeks of the year, and they even leave them running during the times when they are often away for days on end in their bloody caravan!
So at those times they are not even damn well here to enjoy them, the only person getting any "benefit" in the way of EMC none compatible broadcast shit and totally unnecessary RF noise is me! :banghead:
And yes I have had words, and for while they even started turning them off when not needed, that didn't last very long, and to be honest I have just given up, and these days stick to VHF and upwards that suffers far less noise from their "pretty lights" back garden crap!

Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:12 pm

Bubbling sounds..HF 
Advanced Member

Dont ever give up Dave. I know it causes social problems but gone about methodically its worthwhile..cept for wnen you are facing people with an agenda who dont like anttenii ! I once told one bloke who was wondering it was for long distance telly watching Scottish football as I knew if I got all techy he would be more puzzled than before the question.

Neighbours like me as they think Im the local Wizard anyway ! .

Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:02 pm

Bubbling sounds..HF 
Contributor 2023

The outside solar lights seems to be a common thing, our down from town neighbour who only appears about every five
weeks and stops for the weekend then, has gone mad on these solar lights. So far think I have been lucky as I have not noticed
much of a noise problem.... Yet !!

If it happens, I am going over the fence with my side cutters in hand.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:37 am

Bubbling sounds..HF 
Advanced Member

Phil the snip. ! Hi hi. 73.

Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:42 pm

Bubbling sounds..HF 
Advanced Member

I get pulsing noises from next doors bloody Audi when it on charge 20m wiped out since he changed to a longer range version

Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:10 pm