It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:40 pm

EC examines the need for new rules on solar panel installat 
Contributor 2023

Post Re: EC examines the need for new rules on solar panel instal
Sangoma wrote:
ei9ju wrote:

I don't see the context there???

No context?
That's a quoted passage from the Inception Impact Assessment showing what you accuse them of not correcting before moving onto another issue is bunkum, I took it for granted you had read what was on the table buy clearly you haven't.
The assessment offers a package of measures and options, your stance thus far has you in Option 1 - (no action) as you think it futile pushing for further measures without first revisiting the past (even though the past is included in the further measures.

For instance
- take products off the market that are of a low quality thus implying higher life cycle costs (as lower product
quality entails lower yield and/or lower durability)
- foster module and inverter designs that have improved long-term energy yield, circularity (i.e. improved ability to
be repaired and recycled) and smart readiness.

None of that has much to do with what I commented on, so don't make it look like I commented on aspects I did not!

"your stance thus far has you in Option 1 - (no action) as you think it futile pushing for further measures without first revisiting the past (even though the past is included in the further measures. "

I said that in relation to RFI, not the whole exercise, some one i=even put my statement in bold, clearly saying interference[/quote]

Nope, you implied until regulations regarding RFI issues are addressed the newer Roadmap regulations Martin kindly brought to the boards attention were futile even though as demonstrated, the proposed regulations do indeed address the RFI issues by insisting that those with difficult to maintain poorly designed circuitry be removed from the market phased out in tune with the roadmap.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:36 am
Profile Send private message

Advanced Member

ei9ju wrote:
Sangoma wrote:
ei9ju wrote:

I don't see the context there???

No context?
That's a quoted passage from the Inception Impact Assessment showing what you accuse them of not correcting before moving onto another issue is bunkum, I took it for granted you had read what was on the table buy clearly you haven't.
The assessment offers a package of measures and options, your stance thus far has you in Option 1 - (no action) as you think it futile pushing for further measures without first revisiting the past (even though the past is included in the further measures.

For instance
- take products off the market that are of a low quality thus implying higher life cycle costs (as lower product
quality entails lower yield and/or lower durability)
- foster module and inverter designs that have improved long-term energy yield, circularity (i.e. improved ability to
be repaired and recycled) and smart readiness.

None of that has much to do with what I commented on, so don't make it look like I commented on aspects I did not!

"your stance thus far has you in Option 1 - (no action) as you think it futile pushing for further measures without first revisiting the past (even though the past is included in the further measures. "

I said that in relation to RFI, not the whole exercise, some one i=even put my statement in bold, clearly saying interference

Nope, you implied until regulations regarding RFI issues are addressed the newer Roadmap regulations Martin kindly brought to the boards attention were futile even though as demonstrated, the proposed regulations do indeed address the RFI issues by insisting that those with difficult to maintain poorly designed circuitry be removed from the market phased out in tune with the roadmap.[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:47 am

Advanced Member

It’s interesting to read the comments on here:
Re us leaving the EU, yes we are no longer tied to the EU regulations but unless our manufacturers meet those regulations then we will,not be able to sell into our closest market, it should also be understood that a lot of countries use the EU/CISPR regs as a basis to their regs, this includes Australia and the pacific rim countries.
At the moment the U.K. are going to keep the EU standards as the template, can’t remember what the standards will be labelled, maybe GB61000-4-3 for RI, I will check.
The big problem with all of these installations is historic, It was decided at committee stage that because of the difficulty of making repeatable emissions measurements below 30MHz due to the wavelength is was decided that using a LISN (Line Impedance Stablilisation Network) and measuring the conducted emissions would be satisfactory. In a lot of cases it is, with appliances with short leads but when power and signal lines get long and become a significant wavelength then really the conducted emissions only give an indication.

Really a system should be tested, it’s understood that putting a number of tested products together (before Brexit, CE marked) does not guarantee to be compliant. The system should be tested by law, either physically tested or by design using a Technical Construction File.

Trading Standards do not understand EMC, I’ve tried to train them….
Any questions just ask.

Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:45 pm