It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:17 pm

German Gov recognizes importance of EMC 

Post German Gov recognizes importance of EMC
DARC report that Germany's Federal Government recognizes the importance of Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) in the development of microelectronics

A translation of the DARC post reads:

In a current briefing, the Federal Government explains its future goals in the context of the development of microelectronics and their making available on the market. It is particularly interesting that the aspects related to EMC and safety are also given consideration. The Federal Government's Framework Program for Research and Innovation 2021 to 2024, Microelectronics - Trustworthy and Sustainable - For Germany and Europe "was published on November 24th as Federal Print 19/24557.

On page 13 it says literally: "Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) specifically for high-frequency electronics denotes the ability to develop a technical device or an individual circuit so that other circuits in the same device and other devices are not influenced by undesired electrical or electromagnetic effects. The unwanted reciprocal influencing of electronic systems is not only a question of technology and law, but also one of security ”. Kurt Meerkötter, DL8DMA, drew attention to this particular passage.

Background: The information given to the Federal Government is of particular interest against the background of electronics manufacturing in Germany and its EMC aspects. The Round Table for Amateur Radio (RTA) and its member associations have long been calling for an improvement in the electromagnetic compatibility situation in their constant publications and demands. Now the federal government is also pointing out that the "... growing importance of electronics ... major challenges ..." arise. It goes on to say: “In the area of microelectronics and electronic systems, Germany and Europe are intensively involved in global value chains and partnerships
”
 “And we have to be able to respond flexibly to challenges through our own, economical microelectronics production in Germany and Europe to react in the global supply chains."

It is also significant that, due to the current situation, the federal government attaches great importance to having its own production facility in Germany. Finally, on pages 9 and 13 of the Bundestag printed paper [1], you will find the information and requirements on electromagnetic compatibility. In this context, it is to be welcomed that the security aspect is now also becoming important to politics. The only criticism from our point of view is that the electromagnetic compatibility and with it the safe communication not only of the amateur radio, but also of the safety-relevant radio services of rescue vehicles, police, fire brigade, THW, Bundeswehr, Deutsche Bahn, road maintenance service, and many others are dependent on interference-free Communication. Bertram Heßler, DG2FDE, and Christian Entsfellner, DL3MBG report on this.

[1] Read the Bundestag paper at
https://dip21.bundestag.de/dip21/btd/19/245/1924557.pdf

Source DARC https://darc.de/

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 am
Profile Send private message WWW

Post Re: German Gov recognizes importance of EMC
Germany dealt with over 3,500 radio interference complaints in 2020
Germany's Federal Network Agency BNetzA take radio interference seriously and in 2020 dealt with over 3,500 cases

A translation of a DARC post reads:

Despite the corona pandemic, the testing and measuring service of the Federal Network Agency determined and eliminated over 3,500 radio interference and electromagnetic incompatibilities on site. Every fourth incident related to a security or system-relevant radio service, for example from authorities and organizations with security tasks, aircraft radio and public cellular networks. "We guarantee interference-free communication for system-relevant radio and telecommunications services even during lockdown," says Jochen Homann, President of the Federal Network Agency.

Comprehensive hygiene and distance regulations secured field work and on-site order processing from March onwards. The availability of the fault acceptance department and the nationwide operational readiness of the testing and measuring service was also guaranteed around the clock, 7 days a week.

The testing and measuring service is always in demand when impairments to radio and telecommunications services have no operational causes, but are caused by unwanted or impermissible radio emissions or other electromagnetic effects. In addition to radio interference processing and preventive reviews of frequency assignments, the testing and measurement service monitors, among other things, the implementation of supply obligations in mobile communications and compliance with limit values for electromagnetic environmental compatibility. In addition, the testing and measurement service searches for frequency uses without frequency allocation and ensures at major events that frequencies can be used without interference for a wide variety of radio applications.

The testing and measuring service of the Federal Network Agency is represented with measuring vehicles at 19 locations in Germany in order to carry out tasks across the board. In addition, an accredited measuring laboratory for market surveillance and a satellite measuring point are operated. Consumers and companies who want to report radio interference can contact the radio interference department of the Federal Network Agency. This can be reached at any time on tel. 04821-895555 or by email at funkstoerung (at) bnetza.de.

Here it is clarified whether the reported fault falls within the legal competence of the Federal Network Agency. If the disruption is of an operational nature, the inquirer will be advised who to contact. This service and the fault handling by the inspection and measuring service on site are free of charge for the fault reporter. Even those who cause disruptions do not have to fear any fees, provided that the disruptions are caused through no fault of their own.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:06 am

Advanced Member

Don’t expect this sort of service from OFCOM with the government’s ‘light touch’ regulation regime

Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:20 am
Profile Send private message

G8GGP wrote:
Don’t expect this sort of service from OFCOM with the government’s ‘light touch’ regulation regime

From what I can see, Germany tried to tighten up regs within the EU when we were members but we wouldn't support them.
Perhaps with us out of the way things will improve as, to sell over there we will have to abide by their regs.
That's not to say the home market will not be downgraded of course.

Cheers

Tony

Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:31 am

Advanced Member

gw8asd wrote:
G8GGP wrote:

From what I can see, Germany tried to tighten up regs within the EU when we were members but we wouldn't support them.
Perhaps with us out of the way things will improve as, to sell over there we will have to abide by their regs.

Cheers

Tony

True, I haven’t had chance to have a look at the new U.K. replacements for the EN-61000 series and ISO standards, I would hope they would be a straight transfer, just a number change as they EN standards are used in many countries that we sell to.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:42 am

G8GGP wrote:
gw8asd wrote:
G8GGP wrote:

Cheers

Tony

True, I haven’t had chance to have a look at the new U.K. replacements for the EN-61000 series and ISO standards, I would hope they would be a straight transfer, just a number change as they EN standards are used in many countries that we sell to.

I can't see that we have enough expertise available to do any large scale, verified, changes of any meaning.
That's not to say the job couldn't be given to a pen pusher who just deletes a few things they deem "restrictive".
After all Dido Harding told MPs that no one could predict a new variant. So, if that's the quality at her level, god help us who's in charge when it comes to anything technical. :lol:

Cheers

Tony

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Contributor 2023

But in fairness to Dido she was not completely wrong, nobody can predict any variants, they can say they will inevitably, or may happen, that's the way all virus's work, but nobody can predict if they will be any beneficially better or detrimentally worse. :)
Them "Germans" have stated they don't believe in the efficacy of the the Oxford vaccine, others of course disagree. ;)
Not that any of this has anything to do with EMC, that genie popped out of the lamp several years ago now.
Try shoving it back in.

Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:20 pm

G0BHD wrote:
But in fairness to Dido she was not completely wrong, nobody can predict any variants, they can say they will inevitably, or may happen, that's the way all virus's work, but nobody can predict if they will be any beneficially better or detrimentally worse. :)
Them "Germans" have stated they don't believe in the efficacy of the the Oxford vaccine, others of course disagree. ;)
Not that any of this has anything to do with EMC, that genie popped out of the lamp several years ago now.
Try shoving it back in.

What she said was
Quote:
no-one could have predicted Covid-19 would mutate

A foolish, and incorrect statement.
One person even pointed her to basic school lessons.
It's what viruses do and has been mentioned since the middle of last year.

It has nothing to do with EMC but it does point out the completely illogical choice of people when it comes to this government filling posts.
That could have an impact on EMC policy, which is the obvious point I was making.

Cheers

Tony

Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Advanced Member

We’ve actually got a lot of world class EMC people in the U.K. with various centres of excellence. York University have a world class EMC program for students.
The problem is successive governments just did not understand the implications of interoperability and the consequences of EMC non compliance. It was just the emphasis on the free market and sale of spectrum, hence light touch regulations which would never work, what industry self regulates??.
G3RXQ and myself got my local MP onboard to bring up the problems being caused by in home PLT, you may remember the debate in parliament, we spent a number of days briefing him including taking his staff to sites to show the level of interference. At the time both GCHQ and the CAA were also expressing their concerns.
The minister of BIS at the time just washed it under the carpet, it was t a problem and in home PLT met the standards which was patently untrue , the only thing we got was notching which in itself was an admission of guilt.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:42 pm

G8GGP wrote:
We’ve actually got a lot of world class EMC people in the U.K. with various centres of excellence. York University have a world class EMC program for students.
The problem is successive governments just did not understand the implications of interoperability and the consequences of EMC non compliance. It was just the emphasis on the free market and sale of spectrum, hence light touch regulations which would never work, what industry self regulates??.
G3RXQ and myself got my local MP onboard to bring up the problems being caused by in home PLT, you may remember the debate in parliament, we spent a number of days briefing him including taking his staff to sites to show the level of interference. At the time both GCHQ and the CAA were also expressing their concerns.
The minister of BIS at the time just washed it under the carpet, it was t a problem and in home PLT met the standards which was patently untrue , the only thing we got was notching which in itself was an admission of guilt.

Completely agree.
The fact we have so many excellent people, in the EMC field, makes it even more annoying that bad decisions are made.
A couple of tales I could tell are so unbelievable that, even if I was prepared to repeat, would be ridiculed as made up.
I'm sure you have similar experiences.

Cheers

Tony

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:51 pm

German radio hams tackling RF noise pollution
DARC reports 35 Electrical Noise Area Monitoring Systems (ENAMS) have been delivered and another 20 locations are sought as part of the effort to monitor the interference from human-made noise on the HF bands

ENAMS is based on nationwide installed measuring stations that work as a network. With their help, the DARC can make scientifically reliable statements about interference levels on the frequencies. As is well known, the interference has increased in recent years, as various consumer devices drive up the noise level.

The ENAMS project was funded by the DARC Membership Pro in 2018.

ENAMS https://www.darc.de/der-club/referate/emv/enams/

Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:58 am

Contributor 2024

G8GGP wrote:

One of the best posts on here in my view ........In the end during the parliamentary debate we were all dismissed as "a few bearded men"

I remember the battles I had myself with BT and ofcom to resolve the issues caused by the power line adaptors supplied with the "BT vision" service .
Get rid of one another would be installed . One adaptor I tracked down to a ground floor apartment in the area . I knocked on the door and politely explained that his PL adaptor was interfering with my radio once he heard the noise he said "good God that is awful " and unplugged the thing forthwith I think he might have consigned it to the bin .

Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 am

German regulator acts against solar unit causing RF pollution
The German Federal Network Agency has taken action against a make of solar panel optimizer that has been causing radio interference

A translation of the VERON post reads:

The German Bundesnetzagentur (BNetzA) reports in its official publication Amtsblatt 9 that a device from SolarEdge does not comply with the EU Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive. BNetzA indicates that the EU declaration of conformity is not in order and that the interference levels are too high. BNetzA therefore imposes a market-restricting measure on SolarEdge.

Optimizer
The device in question is a so-called optimizer (model P300, P370, P600, P600-M27) for solar panel installations. In accordance with Article 38 (4) of the EU Directive, BNetA has imposed a market restrictive measure for the German market. German market participants have four weeks to communicate their position on this to BNetzA.

Article 38
Article 38, paragraph 4 of the EU Directive reads as follows.

If the relevant economic operator [SolarEdge's representative in Germany] fails to take effective corrective action within the time limit referred to in the second subparagraph of paragraph 1, the market surveillance authorities [Bundesnetzagentur] shall take all appropriate interim measures to prevent the making available on their national market [Germany] of the prohibit or restrict equipment, or withdraw it from the market or recall it in the Member State concerned.

Market surveillance authorities shall immediately inform the Commission and the other Member States of these measures.

Many more products are not adequate
Last week, we published two articles on the results of EU EMC studies on solar panel installations and LED lighting respectively. This shows, among other things, that 75% of the investigated PV systems (solar panel installations) and 25% of investigated LED lighting do not meet the emission requirements of the EU EMC directive. In addition to technical requirements, the EU EMC directive also prescribes administrative requirements, for example with regard to the mandatory CE marking and the EU declaration of conformity.

With its measure, the German Bundesnetzagentur shows what the consequences of non-conformity can be. Incidentally, the imposed measure only applies to Germany, despite the fact that the applied directive is a European one. Other EU member states therefore decide independently whether they want to take similar measures. As mentioned above, other Member States will be informed of the German measure.

More information:
The publication of the German Bundesnetzagentur: Amtsblatt 9; Bonn, 12 May 2021
https://www.bnetza-amtsblatt.de/download/59

The applicable EU directive: Directive 2014/30 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council - February 26, 2014 - on the approximation of the laws of the member states related to electromagnetic compatibility
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 30&from=EN

Our article of 17 May 2021: Solar panel installations: 92% does not comply with the EU EMC directive
https://www.veron.nl/nieuws/zonnepaneel ... richtlijn/

Our article from May 19, 2021: LED lighting: 60% does not comply with EU EMC directive
https://www.veron.nl/nieuws/led-verlich ... richtlijn/

Source VERON https://tinyurl.com/IARU-Netherlands

Fri May 28, 2021 7:46 am