It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Click the link below to visit the site sponsor

The Ham Radio Shop

WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar? 
Contributor 2017

Post WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar?
Not long ago I acquired a WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver in a deal which has the expansion to cover up to 180 MHz.
It is a good SDR receiver with plenty of features but the major gripe I have is that I use a QHD (Quad High Definition) monitor of 2560x1440 pixels at a16x9 aspect ratio and as such the scaling of the user interface is small to say the least and none scalable! I duly noted this issue to Winradio and asked if the UI can be adjusted of which they said no and that it was my not very common high resolution screen that is at fault and that I will need to adjust the resolution to a more common size of say 1366x768 resolution for a laptop (for one this PCI card would not fit in a laptop) and or a desktop running 1280x1024. My retort back was that I thought those resolutions mentioned are old technology and a lot of users of high end SDR are way above that level of screen technology.
Obviously they tried to tell/sell me their top end receiver by stating that it had a fully scaleable user interface, but with customer service like the above I will not be parting with any cash their way for sure! :rolleyes:

So has anyone used any other third party SDR software with these Winradio systems, if so let me know as I am keen to move away from limitations I have with there own UI.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:41 pm
Profile Send private message WWW

Advanced Member

Post Re: WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar?
Doesn't HDSDR run with these? I thought there was a .dll file for them, but I may be thinking of a different WinRadio model. I have tried most of the SDR software packages but always come back to HDSDR. Their support is excellent and their developer "LC" would be able to tell you if it will handle that (impressive...) resolution I'm sure.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile Send private message

Contributor 2017

Post Re: WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar?
Thanks for but I have sold it on and got a SDR RSP2 to play with, no where as near refined as the win radio but good enough.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 pm
Profile Send private message WWW